duminică, 21 martie 2010

Morning

It's been a glorious sunny day today, so much energy coming from the sun that all of a sudden I could feel it rushing through my veins like precious vital gold, like the last magical ingredient I have longed for, that final glitter making the whole of the receipe perfect. So I went out for a walk by the sea, the only place I could have been...What I felt was exactly whatt Ungaretti must have felt when he wrote "Mattino", perhaps the finest poem ever written:

"M'illumino
d'immenso"

So beautiful in Italian that it almost seems a sacrilegy to give it a translation, any translation...I light up of immensity, or , as I found it on the internet "I flood myself with the light of the immense"...but none of these...sentences...can describe what this little infinite poem can generate when read outloud: M'illumino d'immenso...horizon opens even wider, light invades every cell of one's being, serendipidy settles and freedom seems such an easy target...

After having posted this I went on visiting my friend Tina's blog only to find out today is World Poetry Day! Wow, I did choose my timing posting Ungaretti's poem...:)

2 comentarii:

Arty spunea...

Patricia, it's been such a long time since we last saw you. Glad you're back :)

Patricia spunea...

Me too!:)