marți, 9 martie 2010

No rush

Winter song , by Nichita Stanescu


You are so beautiful in winter!
The field stretched on its back, near the horizon,
and the trees stopped running from the winter wind ...
My nostrils tremble
and no scent
and no breeze
only the distant, icy smell
of the suns.
How transparent your hands are in winter!
And no one passes -
only the white suns revolve in quiet worship.
and the thought spreads in circles
ringing the trees
in twos
in fours.
From the book "Bas-Relief with Heroes"english translation by Thomas Carlson and Vasile Poenaru.
I've posted this poem because winter is back and I've remembered it from a past life. The snap is the Black Sea sometime in February when we had really low temperatures...One of those terrible cold days I chose to walk back from work for about 4 kilometers in the snow, through a park and the silence there should be enough for yet some time. It's only the "snow of the lambs", this snow in March, as the elderly say...This year I've got no rush to breathe spring. Winter's good.

2 comentarii:

Gal Friday spunea...

I am happy to discover you are back, with some blog writing.
That is one frozen image. I am in also in awe of your accepting attitude to the snow and cold so late in the season.

Patricia spunea...

I really want to blog again, I've discovered I missed it, I feel a bit rusty but I'm sure I'll be slowly "recovering"! lol This year winter has been long and cold...But they said next week it would improve...