marți, 30 martie 2010

Online Friendship


When I woke up this morning I had a friend request on my Facebook account that filled me with joy and actually made my whole day. I felt so happy that I forgot about everything that is not going really well in my life right now. I'm sure you are so familiar with the feeling...It's that kind of joy children feel, when nothing else matters but that particular thing, that special state of mind and soul that makes you smile the widest smile and lights up your whole persona, when your own identity is somehow lost to leave place to the "unbearable lightness of being", as Milan Kundera so beautifully expressed it...

It wasn't one of those "usual" invites I always ignore, from people whom you don't know and who have the personal ambition of adding up friends to their list as a sort of personal prove of "popularity"...
It was an invite from an old friend I had met while blogging on Yahoo 360, and then on Multiply...I had always admired his entries, his beautiful literary writings which were flying on fantasy wings like leaves so naturally float in the air and that were so similar to my own fruit of imagination...So I felt happy he had found me and dignified me with an invite...

And this brings me to the title of this entry...I've been so fortunate to find special people while blogging on Yahoo, who were there for me when I needed them, maybe more than friends in my real life, which is quite understandable...In writing I think we've got the opportunity to be far more open and frank about many things in our lives, and it's more likely to find keens while writing than we'd have the opportunity in our real lives, limited by space, time and routine, as we are...And reality can be so demanding that maybe we can't find the time to hold someone's hand, laugh with them, enjoy the good times and find simpathy during the bad times...and even though we part for a while, we continue carrying each other in our minds and souls and when we find each other again it's like we had never been apart...While browsing through my previous blog in order to look for the San Gimignano one, I had the chance to read some of my old entries and the comments left by friends there and I realised how much those helped when I was most in need. Even on the "routine" blogs, I found comments of encouragement and simpathy and I remember how that made me feel...

Maybe it all sounds so...idealistic, naive and a bit pathetic, but this is how i feel and I've always felt privileged to be able to find amanzingly beautiful people in this seemingly chaotic Universe...:) I love you all!

7 comentarii:

Anonim spunea...

E ciudat, pentru ca tocmai datorita acestui mediu online descoperi anumite persoane deosebite. Ma bucur sa vad ca sunteti exact cum imi amintesc si cum credeam ca sunteti.

Patricia spunea...

Iar tu te-ai facut o frumoasa, ca desteapta erai! Acum vreo doua seri ti-am vizitat blogul! Sharp, nice!:D Mi-a crescut inima cat casa scanteii! lol

Adevarul este ca am gasit persoane tare deosebite de-a lungul anilor online, pe cativa dintre ei i-am si intalnit...si e incredibil cat de mult te regasesti in umele dintre povestile lor, desi traim in spatii si culturi diferite...

Anonim spunea...

În haosul acestei vieti noi de multe ori pierde legătura cu alţi oameni ... şi de noi înşine. Am fost stabilite unele drumuri întuneric, în ultimii ani, şi chiar a venit aproape de a lua viaţa mea. Dar nu am, şi sunt foarte bucuros să te găsesc din nou, de asemenea!

Îmi pare rău de prost tradus român ...

~N

Patricia spunea...

Thank you, N, for the lovely comment in Romanian! We need to catch up sometime!xxx

Anonim spunea...

Pleasure. A babel fish is a handy little thing. Yes, let's catch up soon.

~N xx

Kate spunea...

Beautifully expressed! I'm glad I happened to find this today :) I've missed you from the 360 days (even though we're in touch on facebook) I'm back in the blogging world again and adding you to my blogroll!

Patricia spunea...

Kate, what a wonderful wonderful surprise! I miss 360, I've been away from blogging for long too, now it feels like I'm a bit rusty...:) So happy you're around, heading your way now...:)