miercuri, 22 octombrie 2008

Briefly about my week-end








It's midnight, I've caught a cold again, just got home from a nice coffee&chat with friends but I wanted to write a post here because my keyboard (and occasionally my mouse) have been constantly playing tricks on me for the last two days and because I really don't know when I can get the time to deal with it....
Last Saturday I went to Bucharest to see the Russian ballet gala which was really soul food for me; a feast for my eyes, ears and soul. Trully. I was supposed to leave on Friday afternoon so my best friend and I could enjoy an entire week-end of watching movies, taking walks and....well, chatting. The ticket to the show was her gift for my birthday. But she was really busy, she works in advertising so I left on Saturday afternoon instead.

We drove directly to the theatre, watched the show, bought some take away food since both of us were too tired to be able to sit properly in a restaurant and had a gin and tonic which put us both to sleep in a blink of an eye.

On Sunday she went to the office. It was supposed to be for one hour so I waited for her, instead of going for a walk as I had planned to do. I met her in the city a bit later and practically accompanied her to some places she needed to go. But in between I was happy to be able to steal a whole hour to have a really nice walk in the center, near the university where I studied...Sun up in the sky, really warm and quiet, people walking with no rush whatsoever....I entered a bookshop, bought some books and felt deliciously happy. I love the center of Bucharest, I love it because there are so many things to do and see and I never get tired of them every time I go there.

I even had the chance to take a glimpse of a fair...some sort of Romanian traditions fair and there were a lot of crafts represented there...I bought sweets of course, grabbed a take away coffee and then we drove back to Constanta.
Unfortunately the batteries of my camera were nearly dead so....no photos...I took just a few shots, like the church above, known in Bucharest by the name of Cretulescu, then a snapshot of the Revolution Square and then I tried to photograph my university but with bad results. I'll just post them anyway.

I hope to do this again soon, my friend really wishes she can be free next time I come to Bucharest. We've heard Sting will be in Bucharest February, 10. THAT I have to witness! I adore Sting and I really must go, even though it's a Tuesday, but who cares about work when Sting comes to Romania? Right?








5 comentarii:

Claudia spunea...

You had some great weather and good company.. everything to make it an enjoyable weekend.

My friend and I met tonight as well and we decided to visit Oslo in Norway next year. I think one should do that far more often. Especially with the cheap airfares these days.

Patricia spunea...

I agree. If I could I'd travel at all times! Oslo sounds like a great choice, go for it!

Arty spunea...

Hi Pati, just passing through to see what you're up to. Blogs are interesting as usual..:)
Take care..

Patricia spunea...

Hi, Arty! How nice to see you here! I'm new at Blogger and still have to learn how to go around this place, but I hope soon it wil have no more secrets for me.

Arty spunea...

Pati hi, and thanks so much for leaving a voice. it was so good hearing your voice for the very first time :)
xx