duminică, 12 octombrie 2008

I should start taking my own advice...

...and some time real soon too...Last week my mother's best friend was so very upset over something someone had done and which had nothing to do with her but because that person was a relative of hers she felt guilty and at the same time humiliated by the whole thing. I was there when she told us the whole story and tried to make her feel better. All I said to her is that she shouldn't feel that way for something she didn't do, for someone else's attitude and actions because the only one getting hurt is her and her alone.

I'd really should start listening to my own piece of advice cause I'm the same way, blaming myself for things that I didn't do, for other's people behaviours that have nothing to do with who I am, but only with whom they are.
Does this mean that I should stop caring or that simply I should learn to dettach myself in order to skip the hurting part? Either way, I'm on the good path I think.

And I surely hope it's going to work.

4 comentarii:

Claudia spunea...

I sometimes find myself in similar situations. I yet have to learn that even though I'd like harmony, others want the confrontation and there is nothing I did wrong to get such responses. Best thing is to leave those alone... life management.

Also sometimes a person hits a sore spot without knowing it, and they had no intention to hurt us.

Either way, we feel as we feel and we are free to choose with whom we want to be. That's my 5 cents worth, I don't always listen to myself either of course ;)

I hope you don't mind me commenting.

Patricia spunea...

Quite the contrary, thank you for taking the time and visiting me, I really appreciate your input...you are so right!:)

Claudia spunea...

I really like your new blog theme!

Patricia spunea...

Thank you, I felt the first "look" I had given it was a bit too...aggressive for the eye...:)